Our Environmental Policy
Vigilis Tree Shelters Limited is committed to leading the forestry industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. We aim to become a carbon net zero business by 2030.
At Vigilis Tree Shelters we do not want to be just known as a market leader in 100% soil-biodegradable tree shelters but also for the way we act as a business. This is why we have developed an environmental policy that seeks to accelerate the forestry industry towards carbon net zero.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
– Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
– Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of our vehicles and the source of power requirement.
– Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
– Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
– Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
– Offset our calculated carbon emission through the use of carbon credits.
– Comply with environmental legislation and other requirements, such as approved codes of practice.
– Communicate environmental aims and objectives to employees and external stakeholders.
– Agree to commit to environmental principles and continual improvement at the highest level in your business.
We have already implemented several actions to help us achieve the goal of becoming a carbon net zero business and help us hit our other environmental goals. These included, but are not limited to, investing in all-electric company vehicles, monitoring and publicly displaying our carbon emission per page view (see bottom of the website for further details), hosting our website on a server that is powered by sustainable energy, drastically reducing the packaging that we use as well as the packaging our suppliers use, ensured that all of our buildings have high levels of insulation to reduce energy requirements, and developed a strategic review process so that we can effectively evaluate ourselves and make progress towards our targets.
We will publish the findings and actions from our review process annually.
John Warner CDir, CEO of Vigilis Tree Shelters Ltd